Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Hipster Problem

Having spent more time in NYC this summer than I have in four years there is something that has really surprised me. That is, the enduring phenomenon of the hipster. I really thought this thing would be over by now. Skinny jeans, dyed hair, repulsive body odor, contrived attitude, and penchant for 80's like music. Where are these people coming from, and why are they here? When did it become cool to smell terrible? These people are so desperate to belong to something they will stop at bathing. Smells like consumers posing as artists.

I've heard that Spanish gangs in Williamsburg have taken to attacking hipsters with machetes. That's a bit extreme. I do believe something will come along that will kill it, eventually.

Its always darkest before the dawn, they say.

No comments: